Shun the mediocrity

Look around. Do you find an ill painted signboard or an ungrammatical writing or an ill finished work? Hmm... all of them examples of mediocrity. Some thing that every one needs to be away from. We are often lectured on bringing to completion, a task even if meant compromising on quality, to produce some thing if not perfect. That there is an exception to every rule itself is mediocrity. Why can't some thing be perfect? Why is the concept of completeness so chimercial? Why are people always satisfied with a decent work rather than enjoy a resplendent job? why is there no special emphasis on purity? Whats wrong? Is it the education system that teaches us how to stay ahead of competition? Or is the Indian attitude? I need an answer.

Why is it that I am not inspired by perfection? Why is it that I end up doing a mediocre job? Why is it that perfection doesn't excite me? Why cant I hold on to the thought of excellence for long? Why?

Comments