Good bye S.P.Jain!

I got some time today and I am turning all my half finsihed draft blogs into posts. I found this nice little piece which I penned out of honest heart burn! Looking back, it looks all true. So I am reproducing it in original form. Read on.

What is it? Why am I feeling as if I have to clutch on to every moment before it sails past me? Why is it that I have a sense of belonging to all things I took for granted till now? Why does my hostel room flowing with worn out clothes, half eaten biscuit packets, unkempt bed, books and newspapers give me a sense of belonging? Why does the old college building with stinking toilets, peeled paints and pigeon shit strike an emotional chord with me? Why do some classmates who used to give creeps ealrier suddenly look decent and amiable after all?

I think I know deep down its end of story. End of story for college. End of carefree banter, friendships, late night gossip and all things that geniunely add up to happiness. I am slowly warming up to the recollections of the corporate world. The world of chilled silence, flourescent lights, plastic smiles and serious sounding conf calls. The world where work means manipulating people, where happiness means smiling despite the agony, where friendships are limited to the time spent in a project together and where people fiercely guard their emotions against exploitation.

So does this experience leaves me fulfilled? Why is there a sense of unease and fluster? Why this sense of gloominess? May be thats what is called longing for more! Next step, pack up and Leave.

Good bye S.P.JAIN! Thank you for the wonderful 1 year that I will remember for life!

Comments