On the road searching for a job

After all the commotion, it dawned to me that I am not selected. I was hurt. With no job on hand, I finished my Engineering and was sceptic about what to do. My father insisted that I go to US and do my masters. But technology I felt was not my cup of tea. I wanted to do something different. Something away from the stereotype. Also, I wanted to do my Post graduation with my own money. For all these I needed a job.

Every weekend, I would shave and dress formally to attend the weeks Walk-in interviews. I attended walkin for all sorts of Jobs. I finally cracked one such walk in for a BPO based in Chennai. I was expected to play the role of a Technical Support executive working during the Nights, attending calls. This was my first job offer and I was proud of it. But something was amiss. All my friends were working for top notch IT companies and had those glamorous pay checks and here I am gettign ready to work night shifts for a call centre. With one offer on hand, I started the walk-ing process again, now with renewed enthusiasm. All of a sudden, I saw an Ad given for freshers in Polaris. I applied and attended the written test. This was the mother of all entrance tests. There were hoards of people from all over the ountry. The tiny school in which the entrance test was held was not big enough and because all the class rooms were cocupied, we had to write the test in the corridors. Other unfortunate ones gave the test sitting in the play ground in hot sun. Eventually I cleared the test and the interview. After waiting for nearly 4 months, I finally got an IT job. I am now an IT professional.

Comments