Am I living?

When was the last time I walked on a sun baked tar road and felt the rugged gravel roast the skin of my feet?

When was the last time I stood brazenly in cold, letting the wind chill numb my fingers so much that they felt more like wood than arms and fingers?

When was the last time I looked into the rain and felt big boulder like raindrops crash land on my tender eyelids?

When was the last time I dug myself deep into the sand and felt the warm and rough embrace of earth, unmindful of the constriction of movement it caused?

When was the last time I ran so hard that sweat dripped out of every live cell of my body
and the strain caused tremors in my mind?

When was the last time when I buried myself so deep into someone I loved that even the fieriest of the travails of world appeared like harmless snake-worms?

Am I living?

Comments